Driving Policy Statement
Driving policy statement
BaderOya Oilfield Services and Energy (BOS) provides outstanding products and services that meet customer expectations and requirements. We operate with a passionate focus on Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental (QHSE) responsibility, and advanced information systems. We promote a culture of teamwork, compliance, and continual improvement.
BOS is committed to minimizing such incidents/accidents and safeguarding BOS employees, subContractors and third parties by improving the driving awareness and enforces laws and regulation in additions to BOS procedures.
BOS emphasis on the use of safety belts, speed limitations, and ensuring that BOS ‘s and Sub-Contractors’ cars are well maintained and equipped with safety devices. All relevant Drivers shall be aware of the following mandatory requirements:
- No third-party vehicles shall be used, unless approved by BOS Management, for any BOS related business.
- Drivers and passengers in BOS owned or leased vehicles shall always wear seat belts when the vehicle is in motion. It is the Driver responsibility to comply with the mandatory seat belt requirement.
- Drivers of BOS owned, or leased vehicles are responsible to check their vehicle is in safe working order before they commence any journey.
- Drivers of BOS owned, or leased vehicles are responsible to ensure that all documentation is available and current, including their own license, and that all documentation conforms with Libyan legal requirements.
- Driving of any BOS owned or leased vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly forbidden, and disciplinary action shall be taken. In addition, no alcohol, drugs, contraband, or firearms shall be carried in any BOS owned or leased vehicles at any time.
- Drivers of BOS owned, or leased vehicle are prohibited from using mobile phones or hand-held radios whilst the vehicle is in motion, unless the phone is a “Hands-Free” unit.
- The transportation of unauthorized personnel in any BOS owned or leased vehicle is strictly forbidden.
- In the event of an accident the driver is responsible to immediately contact the BOS Duty Coordinator or Manager, and to assist in the compilation of an incident/accident report.
BOS will ensure that every employee requested to drive a vehicle has all the needed credentials: a valid driving license, the necessary training and skill, good physical condition. The drivers will be aware of their responsibilities.
Any amendments to this policy resulting from its annual reviews, is to be widespread and well introduced to all employees and available, on request, to others and the general public.